AVIAN BEHAVIOR AND TRAINING WORKSHOP FOR VETERINARY PROFESSIONALS
August 25 - 27, 2017
NEW IN 2017! We are offering veterinarians and their staff a comprehensive two-day workshop at Cockatoo Downs focusing on the following:
- Practicing force-free handling skills with live parrots
- Understanding positive reinforcement training
- Understanding parrot body language
- Best methods to educate veterinary clients about parrot enrichment, behavior problems, training, pros and cons of flight
- Methods of seed diet transitions to pellets
- Methods for encouraging parrot owners in for annual exams
- Chickens are now popular pets and fun to train. Attendees will have opportunities to work with chickens.
- Interact, train, and hang out with the free flying cockatoos
- And much more!
- Six (6) CE hours available for Oregon vet professionals!
The workshop will be led by well-known trainer, educator, and consultant, Barbara Heidenreich. She and her company, Good Bird, Inc., goodbirdinc.com, are influential and respected in the training community in the USA and internationally. Barbara is in the top of her field and we are thrilled that she will lead this very worthwhile and needed workshop. Our other accomplished presenters and coaches include Pam Clark, pamelaclarkonline.com; Chris Shank, founder of Cockatoo Downs, along with her always eager-to-be-trained cockatoos!
This veterinary workshop is open to twenty attendees. Two sessions of hands-on training using the cockatoos and chickens of Cockatoo Downs will take place each day between lectures under the guidance of Barbara, Pam, and Chris.
This event is truly worthwhile for veterinarians and their staff.
Friday, 8/25, 3 pm to 5 pm, Icebreaker, presentation, tour, appetizers.
Saturday, 8/26, 8 am to 5 pm, breakfast, lectures, demos, coached training.
Sunday, same as Saturday.